Our company information is:
Aberaman Industrial Estate,
What data do we collect?
- Your first and last name when signing up to our newsletter, responding to a survey, filling out a form on our website or when signing up to our loyalty scheme.
- Your date of birth when signing up to our loyalty scheme.
- Your address when signing up to our loyalty scheme.
- Your mobile phone and/or home phone number when signing up to our newsletter, responding to a survey, filling out a form on our website or signing up to our loyalty scheme. (this is always optional)
- Your email when signing up to our newsletter, when you have given us your email address as part of a competition either held through social media or in stores or when signing up to our loyaltty scheme.
Why do we collect this data?
We collect this data in order to:
- Identify you each time you visit our website and other associated websites
- Provide you with a good experience and remember your preferences
- Improve the services and website we offer to you
- Perform analysis on website usage and identify popular content
- To provide you with offers and competitions via email or text
- To provide you with tailored and personalised offers if you signed up to our loyalty scheme
- To tailor our services to you and provide you with personalised content
We also collect other data such as IP addresses and browser version/types. This may be considered as an online identifiier and is automatically collected when you visit this website. This data is collected and processed in order for demographic information to be gathered and analysed, it is also used for anti-abuse. This type of data is kept seperate from personally identifiable data.
- Help us understand and save your preferences based on previous or current site activity, we can then provide you with an improved service
- Keep track of advertisements
You are able to choose to have your ocmputer to warn you each time a cookie is sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You can do this through your browser settings.
Regarding our website, if cookies are turned off some features that improve your experience may be disabled or not function correctly. You will still be able to browse the website.
Who is the information shared with?
We do not share, sell or rent your personal data and information to third parties. We may diclose your personal data and information to third party suppliers who provide services on our behalf. We may share your personal data and information when we provide competitions normally done through radio and news advertisements. We may also disclose personal data and information if we are required to by law or if such action is neccessary to protect and defend the rights, property of personal safety of What! Stores and associated companies. We share data and information with IT companies who support our website and other systems.
How do we protect your information?
Our webstie is scanned on a regular basis for sceurity holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our website as safe as possible. We use regular Malware Scanning. We use an SSL certificate to encrypt information such as email addresses, names and other information entered through this website.
How long do we store your information?
We store your information for up to five years, this is to send you marketing communication about new products, offers and competitions that we think may be of interest to you. After the five years we will review what personal data and information we have and decide whether we will keep that data and information to remove it from our systems.
Your rights as a data subject
- The right to access - you have the right to request that we provide you with a copy of all the personal data and information that we hold about you
- The right to rectification - you have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate or out of date personal data and information we hold about you
- The right to restrict processing - you have the right to notify us that you do not give us permission to process the data that we collect about you
- The right to object - you have the right to object to the collection and use of your personal data and information at any time.
- The right to erasure - you have the right to request that we delete all data that we hold about you
- The right to data portibility - you have the right to obtain a copy of all the personal data and information we hold about you and transfer it to another service or platform
You are able to exercise your rights as a data subject by contacting us using the information provided at the top of this page.
Making a complaint
You have a right to make a complaint. You can either make a complaint to us or to the Information Comissioners Office (ICO), the ICO is the regulator who ensures that we use your personal data and information in a lawful way.
To make a complaint to us you can contact us using the contact details on the top of this page.
To make a complaint to the ICO, you can go to https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or call the ICO on 0303 123 1113.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6008942?hl=en&visit_id=1-636626893225091931-3441329963&rd=1
We along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (Such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions and impressions relating to our website.
Unsubscribing from future emails
If you wish to unsubscribe from our emails and stop receiving emails entirely, you can do so by either:
- Following the instructions at the bottom of each email
- Send an email to email@example.com specifying which email address you would like us to remove from our mailing list and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.